The original station was opened in 1846 along with the new main line from Edinburgh to Berwick, but as a branch line. The line was originally single-track, but shortly after opening it was converted to double. That did not last long either as within ten tears it was sigled again. However, the infrastructure remained at double track width.
The line closed to passenger traffic in 1949 and
freight traffic in 1968 after which the lines were lifted. Most of
the trackbed and bridges are still in place.
Past images shown opposite from the top down:
Goods yard at Haddington
The Station House at Haddington - the platform is to the right
Haddington tickets from the LNER days
Photographs from W Lynn